Endeavour Had the Last Laugh



On October 12, 2012, I went down to Los Angeles to see Space Shuttle Endeavour’s 12 mile street move from Los Angeles Airport (LAX) to the California Science Center in Downtown LA. 
As you readers may recall from my trip last year to see Endeavour’s final launch and her final ferry flight from Florida to California a few weeks prior, Endeavour caused me continual frustration and headaches due to delays.


This trip was no exception.  The street move started smoothly enough and was even ahead of schedule at the start of day two.  She lost time as the second day wore on, however, 4 hours delay became 5 hours, and so on and so forth.  We originally expected her to arrive at the museum in the wee morning hours, so I stuck it out in the parking lot and slept in my rental car on Saturday night.  Well, I could have slept in a real bed that night, because she ended up nearly 17 hours late, not arriving at the museum until 1 pm.

So…here are my photos from my final shuttle trip.  And this will be my last shuttle trip as I do not expect to go to see Atlantis’ short move from Kennedy Space Center to their Visitor Center in November.  Farewell Space Shuttles!



Comments

  1. What an awesome experience. Thanks for capturing it on film for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, wish I could have been there!

    -Anonymous Cederholm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment